Middlewich, England
2.6

I recently bought a Bixler 3 electric motor glider from Hobbyking. It looked fine out of the box and I tried to fly it.

I could not control it and had a light crash. As it hit the ground I saw a section of the nose fly up in the air. I have never seen that happen before. When I inspected the plane I saw that several parts had just come unstuck and fallen off.

Close inspection showed that very little glue had been applied - just a few spots here and there. The plane was extremely fragile as a result. I discussed it at length with customer support. They rejected my claim saying that they would not honour a warranty after a crash.

This policy means they can ship a product with serious faults (as long as they are not visible) and deny responsibility. I asked to be referred to higher management and they refused. I am sure I would have enough evidence to sue them for breach of contract - not supplying a product fit for purpose. I asked where I could sue them and where they are located.

They would not tell me. They have cheated me and I have no way of getting justice.

This is an appalling way to do business. There is no way of lodging a complaint.

Reason of review: No way of lodging a complaint. Stone-wall customer service..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Other products have been fine.

I didn't like: Customer service is a joke.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 18, 2016.

Comments